It is important for small business owners to "brand" their businesses with a professional logo and marketing materials that enhance their brand. Some of you may ask, "Yes, I have heard that, but WHY?" Here are some of the benefits of a professionally designed logo and how it can build trust in your company:
- To brand your company. A strong logo is critical in building an image for you and your company. You want a brand that shows you as not just one person or small team, but a professional organization that they can trust.
- To attract more business. Some potential clients are looking for a well-defined company, and the look and feel of your company logo and marketing material may sway their purchasing decision.
- To give clients a sense of stability. You may not have been in business long, but if you have invested in your brand identity, you are more likely to be relevant to your customers. It all comes back to building trust with your clients.
- To be more memorable. People need to see your logo on your marketing material 7-10 times before they will begin to remember your business. The more consistent your marketing material, the more likely you are to be remembered by potential clients when they need your goods or services.
- To explain your company or what you do. If your company name contains an acronym or clever pun, or you provide an unusual service, your logo can give visual clues to its meaning, and the type of business you do.
- To make your company stand out from the competition. A well-designed logo can have many subtle nuances and create a sense of what your company is about, including your company specialties that set you apart from the competition.
- To make your company look more professional. Business cards that are printed at home, or include generic clipart, portray the image that you are small-time and not yet established to your potential clients.